Join us Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 4pm for a free hour of questions answered live by Attorney Moumita Rahman on H-1B Visas. Dial 1-888-601-0461 to participate! You can also join via the web at
In American immigration law, a “child” is an unmarried individual under 21 years old. So what happens if you have a mother or father who petition for an immigrant visa (or green card) for you as a child, or, if you are listed as a derivative beneficiary on your parent’s petition, and you turn 21 before the petition is approved? Does the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) apply to you? It depends. If you are
So you probably know a little on how the system works when you are trying to get an H-1B and are currently on an F-1 status. The first step (which most of you are very familiar with) is getting an Optional Practical Training (OPT). Your OPT gives you a year (or an extra 17 months for students in the STEM) to work and start preparing to have your employer file for an H-1B.   When
  The H-1B visa application is extremely complex and time consuming and the additional requirement of the Labor Condition Application (LCA) does not make it an easier. And that is why we are here to help!   What is H-1B? H-1B program is used only to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. The law defines specialty occupation as one requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, and an attainment of
Immigration is a complicated process. Regardless of whether you want to move to the US to study, work or to settle down, the possibility of making mistakes during immigration is very high. As such, you might consider hiring an immigration consultant but you must be cautious about who you choose. Since your life and career are at stake, it’s important for you to make sure that you don’t fall victim to scams. These tips will
Plato once said “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything” and he couldn’t be more correct. So if you are a musician, wanting to share your love of music and desiring to pursue a career in the United States, your option may include seeking an O-1 visa. O-1 visas are commonly known as artist visas and it gives great musicians an opportunity to