COVID-19 UPDATE: Rahman Law PLLC remains fully operational at this time.

Artist Visas For Musicians

Plato once said “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything” and he couldn’t be more correct. So if you are a musician, wanting to share your love of music and desiring to pursue a career in the United States, your option may include seeking an O-1 visa. O-1 visas are commonly known as artist visas and it gives great musicians an opportunity to expand their career in the U.S.

I am sure you’ve heard how daunting the whole process can be and how big of a time commitment it is. So while you can stay focused on making and performing music, let an expert attorney worry about all these application process and compiling evidence. There are a few things that you will need to help your attorney (if you choose to hire one) with:

  1. Make sure you have a CV ready. Your CV needs to document each and every work that you have done till date. The popular “one page” limit does not apply here so don’t worry about space.
  2. Make sure to get a letter from the American Federation of Musicians.
  3. Gather as many letters of recommendations from experts in your field who can attest to the fact that you are an extraordinary musician.
  4. Give your attorney copies of your albums that had commercial success.
  5. Make sure to list any and all awards or endorsements or publicity you have received.
  6. If you gave any interviews, retain a copy.

This in no way is an exhaustive list. Besides, what evidence needs to be put together depends on a case-by-case basis after evaluating your past work. Don’t let the paperwork distress you when there are experts who know the process and can make things easier for you. We at the Law Firm of Moumita Rahman take great pride in compiling a strong application for our artist clients and our experience in this matter ensures that this process will not be stressful for you. So feel free to reach us at 212-248-7907.