The Law Firm of Moumita Rahman has helped hundreds of relatives adjust status with an I-485 or obtain immigrant visas from their consulates to come to the United States to join their families here. We know how important it is to be able to stay united or reunite with your loved ones. In immigration law, only certain relatives can qualify to immigrate to the U.S. for a family-based immigrant visa:
- Spouse of a United States citizen;
- Parent of a U.S. citizen over the age of 21;
- Children of a US citizen (unmarried and below 21);
- Children adopted in or outside of the U.S. by U.S. citizen(s)
- Adult children of U.S. citizens and their minor children;
- Spouses, children under 18 and unmarried children (over 21) of legal permanent residents (LPRs);
- Married children of U.S. citizens, their spouses and children;
- Siblings of U.S. citizens, their spouses and children (petitioner must be over 21 years old).
Not all relatives qualify, and the process is complicated and lengthy. If you are looking to find out what you can do for your relatives, book a consultation with us to find out who we can help.