Immigration Question and Answer With Moumita
Every Monday Immigration Attorney Moumnita Rahman does a live question and answer session during her Monday Coffee with Moumita! Viewers from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok can tune in live to hear updates on the latest immigration news and ask questions.
This week she starts with an update on the Filing Fee Increase that has been postponed due to a court injunction (Learn More Here).
She also answers immigration questions from viewers about topics such as:
- When they should expect to receive processing confirmations or to schedule a visa processing interview now that US Consulates are in the reopening process
- How a past or present criminal charge might affect your application for a Green Card or Citizenship process
- How to bring a fiance from Iran to the US
- If a VAWA denial will affect a pending asylum case
- How long it takes to become a US Citizen if you’re living here on a pending asylum case
- And more!
If you have questions about an immigration case for you or a loved one, set up a consultation with me: HERE
📥 For all the latest Immigration News delivered right to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/rahmanlawpllc/newslettersignup
- 0:00 Welcome
- 0:30 Update on Filing Fee increase
- 2:20 When will IR1 case start?
- 3:20 Use of travel visa if reason canceled
- 4:22 Will suspended drivers license affect citizenship
- 5:22 Will DUI prevent obtaining a green card?
- 6:00 Requesting a pardon without leaving US
- 7:48 Consulate status 8:20 Can spouse return to the US after deportation
- 9:29 K1 Fiance Visa (Iran)
- 10:09 When can I expect biometric appointment?
- 10:55 Disclosing arrest with green card renewal
- 11:48 VAWA denial effect on pending asylum case
- 12:28 Should I reapply after 7 months?
- 13:18 Renewing green card during felony appeal
- 13:48 Moumita’s consultations are done virtually
- 14:19 How long to receive green card after approval
- 15:50 Does VAWA have an interview?
- 17:15 Time to citizenship with asylum case
- 18:30 Immigrants with criminal charges should always consult attorney
- 19:30 Obtaining citizenship or residency by investment 20:02 Green card renewal payment and receipt
- 22:30 NVC processing time
- 23:30 Evidence when applying for VAWA
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/PdiZUkrjTPo